Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm back in the saddle again...

I'm not sure what's with the name.. but I would like to take the time to post about how ridiculous I think the Rolling Stones concert is turning out to be.

What is it about Saskatchewan that makes us lose our minds over every stupid thing? This week I've heard non-stop debates over whether or not Keith Richards should be allowed to smoke instead Mosaic stadium. First of all, don't even get me started on the fact that I now am supposed to call Taylor Field Mosaic Stadium.. that could be a whole other rant.

But truthfully... the dude is like.. what? 800 yrs old? He's smoked on stage his entire career and truthfully has been celebrated for it for a long time. I'm not sure I've ever even seen him in a photo without a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He won't be bothering anyone by smoking, and they are OUTDOORS!!!! Did you hear me? That means all you tree-hugging hippies out there who say he is polluting Regina need to shut up. We have an incredible amount of crap going on in the city as it is.. and Keith Richards will likely improve the quality of air with his smoking.. at least we can pretend to breath it in. So in summation... let Old balls smoke on stage.. he'll likely die of Lung Cancer soon anyway, so let's not discourage stars from coming to our hick infested province.

Also may I say that I think the fact that bars are staying open until 4 while the stones are in town is about the stupidest thing they could do. Are you looking for a friggin brawl in every place in town? The dumbest thing is people are going to be oiut looking for those guys too.. and honestly.. I won't be one of them. Although I may just walk around town with a smoke in my mouth the whole weekend and wear tight leather pants.. perhaps girls will pay attention to me that way.. and if not, well at least I can claim that if the rules are bent for Mr. Richards.. then they should be for me.. cause well... I'm kind of a big deal

1 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

I would rather spend $100-$300 on getting my testicles ripped out of my asshole than on the Rolling Stones concert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home