Friday, October 06, 2006

I can't even believe I'm going to say this....

Today Lbomb and I were watching some beach volleyball.. both lazily sitting on the couch arguing whether we should go to Arby's or Mcdonalds.. when we started flipping channels and low and behold... Gay Rodeo was on.

Now I must first say I don't have a problem with the gay community, but I have to ask a few important questions.

How many of you have seen the episode of King of the Hill when Dale's father comes to his second wedding.. and his dad is a gay rodeo competitor? Well in that episode they had an event which was seemingly fictious... it was called Goat Dressing. Goat dressing involves chasing down a goat and putting a pair of tighty whities on the poor animal, which might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.. but because it was on tv I thought it was likely just a way for the writers to casually make fun of the Gay community.

Not only is there actually a Gay Rodeo.. but there is ACTUALLY GOAT DRESSING!!!! I've never seen a more shameful thing in my entire life. Why is it that some people in the gay community decide they want to promote the stereotypes that society has set out for them? I know several gay people who are a normal, functioning part of society, and I'm not saying these people aren't functioning.. but what part of putting underwear on a goat seems like a good idea? Do you actually consider this a sport or do you all smoke a pound of crack and then think of new events? I have to say.. I know I'm going to be ridiculed by some for talking about the gay community, but I was discusted with what I saw on tv today.. I hope they outlaw this activity.. at least in Canada. Come on Steven Harper, you seem to be against this kind of thing.. DO SOMETHING

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Benyamen said...

So . . . just curious . . . what channel exactly did you find this gay rodeo on that you were watching? And why exactly did you continue watching it once you figured out what it was? From an outside perspective the consumer is just as much to blame as the producer of a product is for it's existence. From my perspective your watching it makes you at least partly to blame for the perpetration of men's underwear upon the goatly species. Maybe if fewer people just didn't watch it it would go away. ;-)

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

There is one reason gay programming will never ever go away. It's gay. Gay people watch gay programming. Period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home