Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Being a musician...

Here is what I've recently discovered, and feel free to agree or disagree with my statements. I maintain that being a musician is actually counter-productive to finding women. Yeah I said it.. but hear me out before you accuse me of having a pity party.

It's true that if you play a show, girls will come talk to you, or even leer at you. There is something funny about the alure of a musician for girls. I'm not sure what it is, but you can be as ugly as say.. John Lennon, and you'll still get the girl.. but in case he chose to go with Yoko.. so that's a bad example. How about Gord Downie?

But my point is, that no quality girl will come after the musician. Don't get me wrong, every time I sing at least one girl will come and express interest, however it is never the type of girl that you want. For those of you that are musicians.. do you remember being up on stage and locking eyes with that beautiful brunette in the front row, or watching the blond in the back blush when you catch her eye? Why is it that when you go to find said girl after you're done that she ends up leaving with someone else, or worse yet, sends her annoying friend to come talk to you and figures "he seems like a wonderful guy, I bet he doesn't care about looks... or personality... or back hair". Here is the real explicit truth ladies. We want the brunette in the front row, or the blond in the back, we don't want your annoying friend that is single for a very obvious reason.

Myself personally, I find myself in a perpetual state of meeting seemingly wonderful girls, soon to find out that there is a reason they so quickly approaced you. She more than likely jumped at the opportunity to talk to you because she knows that she isn't the one you're approaching, and wants to at least get a date, or a coffee with you before you discover the reason that they so quickly approached you.

Call me bitter, call me jaded.. and yes those things may be true, but I speak the truth, and I defy anyone to disagree. Of course, I'm sure there will be many and I'll gladly listen to your opinions.. but the bottom line is, you're wrong. The good girls never fall for the "bad boy" anymore, which has made me think I should consider being an avid concert goer, and I'll sit in the back, watching who the musicians are locking eyes with, and laugh as the annoying girls approach him while I steal the girl in the front row...

9 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger LBomb said...

I would just like to submit that if you weren't so busy schmoozing with the old people and your friends' parents, you would have a better chance at catching the hot blonde before she left the venue.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous 2fnlo said...

Maybe your standards are too high. Better get used to back hair.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Jenner said...

Picking up a girl at a show is lame anyway. A) Because you don't know if they're just approaching you cuz you're on stage and B) It's not a cute story to have your kids around you during the holidays and be like "... then we made out backstage, and that's how your mom and I met."

ps. Congrats on being a big rock star.

pps. Make sure you tell us when you're doing shows close by so we can come (we can do double duty and keep the hairy backs away.. by the way.. that's mean)

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Misty said...

Chris, wow you put a lot into that one. And lbomb may have a point there. Talking to teenage kids about how hot they thing Adam Gregory doesn't help your profile much my friend.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger b00erns said...

I'm with 2fnlo. Maybe you should just tame a wildabeast. Get a notch on the belt or something. LOL

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm with jenner, it does sound like another lame case of someone thinking they deserve the perfect woman. (who doesn't exist) Not only does your opinion hurt those people who take an interest in you, who, by the way, might only want to make a friend. (get over yourself!)
besides attitudes like that are what probably turn those "blondes and brunettes" off. It's annoying how so many guys sit around and support each other in their shallowness so they can feel right about it.
If all she has is a hairy back, why don't you take your big musician cheque and get it removed. There, now she's perfect enough for you.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger The Klarholm Family said...

Well I'm probably another person who you will say has no right to comment, but o well I will.
I stumbled across your blog because I found Jens, I wish I had time to make a blog. At least you must be enjoying yourself playing your favorite music style. Which has always been country, right? lol

-Lauren

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger The Klarholm Family said...

oh ps I hope this takes off for you, congrats on your winnings.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Hendy said...

Awww.... anonymous.. did I hurt you feelings? I tell you what.. send me a quote for what it'll cost to get your backhair removed and I'll play the 14,000 shows it'll take to get it paid for. Afterall.. I think the last "big musicians cheque" I received was for $200?

I hope you feel good about ridiculing someone without identifying yourself.. I know I'm happy about it.

Ps. post whenever you want Lauren, it's all good. And no, I'm not a country guy persay.. but if I'm going to pay for all the hairy backed women to be beautiful, well I guess I gotta sell out a little.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home